- This event has passed.
Along the Dutch Waterways
April 17 @ 8:00 am - April 25 @ 5:00 pm
Experience the waterways of the Netherlands and Belgium during a seven-night cruise and discover Old World cities, picture-perfect towns, and centuries of history and culture. In Amsterdam, take a special canal cruise through the city and see its architectural gems. Savor the ambience and history of other charming cities and villages including the serene village of Giethoorn, where winsome Dutch houses can be reached only on foot or by boat; Antwerp, which has an impressive medieval cityscape; and Delft, filled with scenic waterways and remarkable architecture.
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725
Max Guests – 20
- Take in the neo-gothic Provincial Court.
- Visit the elegant Renaissance-styled 16th-century town hall in Antwerp.
- Marvel at the stunning Church of Our Lady in Bruges.
- Enjoy visiting Antwerp’s soaring Gothic Cathedral of Our Lady, which houses noteworthy works by the Baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens.
- Explore Amsterdam’s historical center, designated a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Discover the contemporary Barge Bridge.
- Admire the superb 12th-century Basilica of the Holy Blood.
- Visit the incredible Market Square in Bruges and see the medieval guild hall buildings.
- See the village-like Jordaan quarter with its hidden courtyards in Amsterdam.
- Explore the Wassenaar neighborhood, where King Williem-Alexander and his family reside.
- Enjoy the Mauritshuis to see the famous Vermeer painting “Girl with a Pearl Earring.”
- Learn the history of Amsterdam’s urban design, canal houses, and water management.
- This trip qualifies for 12 AIA learning units.
- Seven nights on the first-class MS Amadeus Queen.
- 19 Meals: 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 7 dinners.
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert.
- Land transportation by private motor coach for excursions as outlined in the itinerary.
- Gratuities and service charges for local guides, bus drivers and restaurant staff for included meals.
- Group transfers between Airport & Hotel for all participants who purchase group flights from AHI Travel’s FlexAir program.