- This event has passed.
March Lunch & Learn
March 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
“Understanding Masonry” – overview on structural masonry and masonry systems, will be presented by Byard Stevens with Echelon Masonry
Overview of structural masonry and masonry systems.
Participants will take a look at masonry’s:
- Quality of Performance – will include the benefits that special inspection for structural masonry brings to the table.
- Cost Effectiveness – will take a look at initial construction costs and life cycle analysis.
- Scheduling Efficiencies – will examine the benefits achieved by using no-lead time order materials like concrete masonry units in the construction of masonry walls, lintels, stairways and elevator shafts.
- Energy Efficiencies – will demonstrate how to open the cavity in a multi-wythe CMU and brick wall to increase the amount of insulation and explain the affects of Thermal Mass on R values.
- System Efficiencies – will explain how the new RAM Bentley software can quickly, efficiently and economically design structural masonry elements.