- This event has passed.
AIAWS Project Tour
March 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Project tour with Lambert Architecture+Interiors
This building is in progress currently, so this tour is a unique opportunity to see what is happening in this area of downtown.
We will meet in Lambert’s new office.
418 N Marshall St. Suite 300. Park in the lot off of 5th street.
Sentinel Commons is a new urban renewal project rooted in rich social history, located in downtown’s core. This is a unique opportunity to see this building as it is not completed yet and to get a glimpse into what is going on in this area of downtown Winston-Salem.
Located in Winston-Salem’s Downtown Core the Sentinel Commons is a new urban renewal project that transforms the historic 1926 and 1980s Journal Building complex into a vibrant new center that houses recreation, restaurant(s), retail, co-working, and unique office space under one roof.
If these walls could talk! For more than 90 years the Journal Building has housed the iconic Winston-Salem Journal and Sentinel newspapers as well as having been the original home of WSJS radio. Continued occupancy by the Winston-Salem Journal assures that this building continues to be a hub where information is gathered, edited and disseminated to inform and unite the community and region.
Rooted in this rich heritage and communal vision the site has the potential to include a carefully curated mix of specialty entertainment venues, restaurants, a food hall, retail spaces, a co-working space and unique office spaces, all connected by the shared Sentinel Commons courtyard.
This space will provide a 24/7 gathering place colleagues and collaborators can come together to work, network and then stick around for a meal, outdoor dining and entertainment returning with their friends and families on the weekends – again and again.
Can’t Miss Features:
- Located in Winston-Salem’s Downtown Core
- Convenient street parking and public parking deck adjacent.
- Direct Access to 4th Street restaurants, Stevens Center Performance Venue, A/perture Cinema and Twin City Quarter Amenities which include The Benton Convention Center, Winston-Salem Marriott and Embassy Suites hotels.
- Variety of size tenant spaces available for a diverse tenant mix. Including corporate, professional and non-profit offices on the upper floors. The Street and Press levels are ideal for mixed use development. Entertainment Venue, Retail, Restaurant, Brewery, Tasting Room, Bowling Alley, Social Club, Food Hall, Co-Working Space and exterior courtyard featuring an outdoor Beer Garden are proposed.
- The investment property represents a rare and incredible opportunity to occupy a piece of history within the active epicenter of downtown’s core.
- The “Press Level” lower floor offers a contiguous space of over 25,000 s.f. with ceiling height ranging from 12 to 30 feet tall unique to the heart of downtown.
- Available tenant spaces range from “ready-to-go” spaces that would require minimal upfit to “white box” spaces which are partially complete to fully-customizable spaces limited only by your imagination.
- Competitive Rental rates