Treasures of Peru
May 13 @ 8:00 am - May 22 @ 5:00 pm
Discover architectural, cultural, and natural treasures throughout Peru and learn about the distant past and encounter a fascinating present of colonial and indigenous influences. Take in famed sites at Cuzco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca. Explore Lima and visit treasured Casa Aliaga, the Rafael Larco Herrera Museum, and the bustling Plaza de Armas. Fly to historic Cuzco and tour the sacred sites of Koricancha and the Church of Santo Domingo before seeing the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas. Experience the UNESCO World Heritage site, Machu Picchu, the stunning “Lost City of the Incas.”
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725
Max Guests – 24
- Take in the indescribable Machu Picchu, the fabled “Lost City of the Incas” perched in a high saddle surrounded by Andean peaks.
- Visit the Government Palace, occupying the site of the palace built by Lima’s founder Pizarro.
- Marvel at the Church of Santo Domingo, built on the foundations of Koricancha, the Incas’ Temple of the Sun.
- Enjoy visiting the Palacio Torre Tagle, a beautiful colonial mansion with Moorish-influenced architecture.
- Admire the ruins at Raqchi, once the holiest site in the Inca Empire.
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage city, Cuzco, the Inca Empire’s former capital and the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city.
- Attend a traditional “Offering to the Earth” ceremony at the Sacred Valley, a fascinating region of Inca sites and indigenous villages.
- See the village Aguas Calientes and explore the shops full of woven blankets and alpaca sweaters.
- Explore the Rafael Larco Herrera Museum, housing a unique display of pre-Hispanic ceramics, including an acclaimed collection of pre-Columbian sculptures and figurines.
- Enjoy the fascinating life of Lake Titicaca, South America’s largest lake.
- See the mysterious stone burial towers (chullpas) at Sillustani, overlooking Lake Umayo.
- Visit the Floating Islands of Los Uros, where the top-hatted Uros people live on “islands” made of the reeds that grow in the lake’s shallows.
- Walk through the ceramics center of Pucara.
- This trip qualifies for 18 AIA learning units.
- Two internal flights.
- 18 LUs
- 9 nights’ accommodations in listed properties.
- 22 meals: 9 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 4 dinners.
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert.
- Entrance fees for all included visits.
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout the trip.
- Gratuities for local guides, bus drivers, porters, airport, hotel and restaurant staff.
- Luggage handling for one bag per person.