- This event has passed.
2024 ACTIVATE | Call for Submissions Opens!
Architects not only design buildings – they also help people shape the future of their communities. The goal of ACTIVATE North Carolina is to help architects guide, listen, observe, advocate, connect, and envision with the public and their communities. Through these six exercises, the end goal is to inspire people to take action and shape the future of their communities around them. Architects can:
- Guide – Architects use a design process to find solutions, facilitating clearer communication
- Listen – Identify opportunities and potential challenges through interviews and conversations
- Observe – Collect understanding and offer different perspectives
- Advocate – Support citizens as they develop more confidence to seek change
- Connect – Facilitate relationships and identify key stakeholders
- Envision – Communicate tangible ideas by illustrating a vision that shows the future a community desires