Become a virtual speaker for Aspire 2021
Hosted by AIA South Atlantic Region, Aspire goes virtual this September! The unconventional conference unites the design and construction community over three days to learn, collaborate, and find inspiration to design the future.
Speaker applications and conference themes
While speakers do not have to be practicing design professionals, presentations will focus on timely topics relevant to design including:
- Community: public interest, placemaking and ecological urbanism
- Health: healthcare, biophilic design, building performance
- Housing: net-zero, multigenerational, and aging in place
- Resilience: environmental, cultural, and hazard mitigation
- Leadership: practice management, mentorship, and integrated practice
- Equity: workplace, universal design, environmental justice
How you’ll present
Aspire breaks the traditional conference mold with its Talks and Chats format:
- Talks: You’ll deliver a 20-minute prerecorded presentation providing an overview of your topic.
- Chats: Following the Talk, you’ll engage participants in a smaller, one-hour breakout session for a more profound conversation on your Talk topic.
Start your application
Speaker applications are evaluated in two rounds. In the first round, you’ll provide the following:
- Presentation title
- Conference theme
- Description of theme relevance
- Session abstract (200 words)
- Session summary to appear on website (50 words)
- Talk format description (500 characters)
- Chat format description (500 characters)
- Post-conference value
- CEU credits
What’s in it for you
You’ll take the (virtual) stage with dozens of thought leaders in the AEC industry to share your expertise with hundreds of AEC professionals in the region. You also get an all-access pass to the conference, allowing you to participate in all the exciting sessions.
March 8: Call for Presentations opens
May 1: Call for Presentations closes
May 3-7: First round of judging
May 10-21: Submit additional presentation materials
May 24-28: Final judging
June 1: Final selection announced
Click below to begin your submission.
Questions? Contact AIASC Executive Director, Adrienne Montare, FAIA at 803-252-6050 or firstname.lastname@example.org