- This event has passed.
Acoustics in Architecture – A Master Class
May 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Registration is REQUIRED by May 28 at 10 AM: event website found in “Details” below.
Presented by Steven J. Thorburn with Thorburn Associates
This program explores the ways that acoustics can impact our built environment. After a brief review on acoustics terms, the session looks at various concerns clients have raised including:
- Restaurant acoustics
- IIC and STC in mixed use and multi-family housing
- Conference room acoustics and glazing options
- Mechanical noise control
- How to treat spaces acoustically with our newer, flexible, collaborative, more open space plans
- Acoustics in healthcare
- Participants will describe impact of background noise on speech and privacy
- Participants will discuss acoustical importance of absorptive materials
- Participants will describe impact of wall and ceiling construction on acoustics
- Participants will list requirements for environmental noise, background noise, speech privacy and sound isolation