- This event has passed.
AIA National | AIA Blue Ribbon Panel Plan
September 18, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
“Disruption, Evolution, Change”
This webinar will bring a broader AIA member audience together with some of the AIA members & staff that helped craft the AIA Blue Ribbon Panel report “Disruption, Evolution, and Change: AIA’s Vision of the Future of Design and Construction.”
The presenters will outline the report’s vision, milestones to pursue over the next 30 years, and recommendations for partner collaboration. AIA Board GAC chair Tim Hawk, FAIA will challenge AIA members (especially component leaders) to lead the promotion of these recommendations through their state/local components. A Q&A session will follow.
- Explain the vision outlined in the BRP report to construction industry colleagues to help transform practice in the construction industry in a way that is holistic, firm-wide, data-driven, and sustainable.
- Understand the changes to AIA policies – including the architectural standard of care and the definition of the protection of public HSW – that are needed to better align with AIA’s 2030 Commitment to sustainable design.
- Understand the collaboration needed with construction industry stakeholders to change existing policies – including the architectural standard of care and the definition of the protection of public HSW – that encourage architects, builders, our clients, and others to make reducing the carbon footprint of our society a top priority.
- Lead the promotion of the report’s recommendations – including changes to the architectural standard of care and the definition of the protection of public HSW – through conversations with construction industry colleagues.
In June 2018, then-AIA President Carl Elefante, FAIA commissioned the AIA Blue Ribbon Panel (BRP) on Codes & Standards to compose a report to address policy changes needed to better align with AIA’s 2030 Commitment to sustainable design. After a year of discussion, debate, review, editing, and feedback, the BRP published the aspirational report “Disruption, Evolution, and Change: AIA’s Vision of the Future of Design and Construction”. The report offers a plan for how the AIA can best position itself and its members for the future of use and application of codes and standards. This report reflects not only the BRP’s thoughts but includes active input from AIA legal and contract documents experts, knowledge leaders, and government affairs experts.
The initiatives outlined are many and the effort will be far-reaching by recommending that AIA membership engage and embrace these recommended changes. AIA’s strategic partners & other related industry groups will become an essential resource to achieve targeted results. The enactment of the report’s recommendations could bring about tremendous change for members and their profession.
- September 18, 2019
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- AIA National, Webinar
- Event Tags:
- aia national, architecture, webinar
- AIA National
AIA Conference on ArchitectureJune 7 - June 10
June Section LunchJune 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
June Lunch & LearnJune 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
July Lunch & LearnJuly 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
August Lunch & LearnAugust 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.