This program will discuss thin brick manufacturing, sustainability and unique brick detailing when thin clay brick is employed in building design.
- This event has passed.
Thin Brick – An Exploration of Unlimited Options and Potential
March 24 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
This program will discuss thin brick manufacturing, sustainability and unique brick detailing when thin clay brick is employed in building design. Discussions will be on how brick are formed which allow for an almost endless array of creativity using sizes, colors, patterns, articulation, etc.. to design walls. The many ways in which thin brick can be installed will also be discussed including thin brick embedded into precast concrete panels, adhered thin brick veneers, thin brick metal panel spacing panel systems etc.
Specifically we will focus on:
• Different methods of manufacturing thin brick
• Precast concrete wall assemblies with thin brick embedded in the panels and the many benefits of this type of construction including the idea of mass walls
• Adhered thin brick veneers both exterior and interior installed with super flexible polymer fortified mortars and cement board as well as thin brick adhered to “metal panel spacing” systems
• Understanding the mechanisms of adhered veneer failures of the past and how new systems address and eliminate these concerns
• Discussion of barrier wall, drainage plane wall, and insulated drainage plane wall design
• How to achieve an Energy Code (ASHRAE 90.1/IECC/SB-10) compliant wall design even when using a thin adhered brick
- March 24
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- architecture, brick, construction, continuing education, design, energy code, HSW, manufacturing, masonry, pattern, potential, precast, sustainability, thin brick, veneer, wall assemblies, webinar
October 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm